Staging Your Home To Sell
When you put your home on the market, it is essential to optimize the space by de-cluttering and modernizing it. 85% of home buyers search the internet when looking for a home to purchase. Quality photos help homes sell faster, and for a higher price! While we understand all of these items may not be achievable, we highly encourage you to use the following checklist to ensure the highest quality photos are taken.
The benefits of home stagings:
- Buyers can visualize their furniture in the home.
- De-cluttering is essential for online buyers.
- Staging shows the room's space.
- Staging showcases the room's features online vs. nick knacks.
- Staging a home increases its value, in a buyer's mind.
Below are two examples of listings (before and after) that our Team SOLD where the sellers took our staging tips:
Here are some key things you can do so that your home shows well both online and in person:
- Remove or minimize personal photos and memorabilia (rule of thumb: 1 photo or art piece for per small wall, 3 photos/art pieces max per large wall)
- Clear off counter tops in kitchen and bathroom areas
- Limit the use of feaux plants
- Remove decorative items from cabinet tops
- Remove photos, notes and papers from the refrigerator
- Make sure linen cabinets and closets are tidy, folding all towels and arranging clothes in an orderly fashion
- Replace floral or dark window treatments with white/light colors to brighten and modernize the room
- Busy patterned or floral comforter sets should be replaced with solid colors
- Make all beds and tidy bathrooms
- Wipe baseboards down
- Dust ceiling fans and return vents
Remember, it's all about first impressions. We want the buyer to love it if they see it online, but more importantly when they see it in person. Make sure to keep clean and tidy.