We had so much fun in our virtual pie baking class with Chef Phelan of JW Culinary!
This bourbon pecan pie is easy to make and will be a hit with the whole family and is perfect for Thanksgiving!
- 1 pie shell,9-inch or unbaked
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Dark Corn Syrup
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 2 cups pecan halves or pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, picked
- 2 Charred Lemon halves
- In a hot cast iron skillet or on a grill, place halved lemons flesh side down until charred.
- Beat the butter with the brown sugar until creamy and light. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla, salt, thyme, corn syrup, and bourbon. Squeeze the
- charred lemons for the juice into the mixture making sure to keep out the seeds.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Place the pie shell on a baking sheet—this will make it easier to move and will catch any spills.
- Spread 1 cup of the pecans evenly over the bottom of the pie shell.
- Pour the filling over the pecans. Sprinkle the remaining pecans over the filling.
- Bake the pie for 45 to 55 minutes in the preheated oven. Watch the crust edge after 30 to 40 minutes or so.
Happy baking and enjoy!