Not sure what to contribute to tomorrow's feast? We've got you covered. This dessert will be the hit of the evening and will take you a little over an hour to throw together. Create this masterpiece in three simple steps.
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) blackberries (do not use blueberries)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk SAVE
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Cream, whipped cream or ice cream, if desired
- In medium bowl, stir together blackberries and sugar. Let stand about 20 minutes or until fruit syrup forms. Heat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt and milk. Stir in melted butter until blended. Spread in ungreased 8-inch square pan. Spoon blackberry mixture over batter.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until dough rises and is golden. Serve warm with cream.
We wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving! We are thankful for you and your continued support.
This is not an original recipe. We credit Betty Crocker for this delicious dessert.